HARP 2.0 (Home Affordable Refinance Program)
Now it can be possible to refinance your current home mortgage, even if you owe more on your home than the value of the home.
HARP 2.0 (Home Affordable Refinance Program) was revised on November 15th, 2011. The NEW HARP refinance program provides homeowners, who may not otherwise qualify for refinancing because of declining home values, the ability to refinance into a lower interest rate even if they have no equity in the property. Your loan must be owned by either Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac in order to be eligible to refinance under the recently revised guidelines of the new HARP refinance program.
You can determine if your home loan is owned by either Freddie Mac or Fannie Mae by checking your property address on the following websites:
HARP home loan guidelines:
- Available on loans owned by Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac prior to June 1, 2009 (Contact Doug Bullwinkel at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if you are eligible for this great program)*
- It’s now possible to refinance your home, regardless of the current value*
- Loans previously refinanced under HARP not eligible
- Rate and Term refinances only with no cash out to borrowers
- May not be used to payoff existing 2nd loans or Heloc’s
*Restrictions apply. Contact Doug Bullwinkel for details. Program guidelines may change without notice.
Academy Mortgage and Doug Bullwinkel are not endorsed or affiliated with any government agency.